The following information is taken from the daily activity reports of deputies with the Stone County Sheriff’s Office.
During the week of 3/23 - 3/29 deputies logged 2,946 miles.
Deputies responded to:
• A complaint of two vehicles driving recklessly on Hwy. 66. No contact.
• A report of two men fighting on Green Mountain Road. No contact.
• A possible domestic disturbance on Hwy. 66. Subjects separated, no arrests made.
• A dispute on Mingues-Turner Road.
• A complaint of a reckless driver on Hwy. 9 south. Vehicle contacted. Driver was talking on a cell phone.
• An alarm at Rural Special school. Door found open. Building secured. Key holder notified.
• A property dispute on Brushy Creek Road.
• A complaint of loud music by Timbo School.
• A complaint of a child in the roadway on Hwy 5 south at Iron Mountain Road. No contact with the child.
• A residence at Meadow Creek. Subject pulled a gun on another person. Subject arrested.
• A complaint of harassing text messages on Sunnyland Road.
• A possible domestic disturbance on Gypsy Road. No arrests.
• Horses in the roadway at Alco.
• A possible drunk driver on Hwy. 66. Made contact. Driver was using a cell phone.
• An alarm at Timbo Grocery.
• A run-away juvenile at Fox. Subject located and returned home.
• Made multiple transports of inmates to different facilities and served legal papers around the county.
• Checked multiple buildings for secure doors.
• Worked a motorcycle accident at Melrose. No personal injuries.
• Investigated a complaint of a loud explosion on Riverview Road.
• Attempted to serve warrant on Misenheimer Road. No contact.
• Checked a man in a roadside ditch on Brushy Creek Road. Appeared to be okay and was going home.
• Assisted the MVPD with a possible domestic disturbance on Vine Avenue.
• Assisted MVPD with an unruly subject at the hospital.
• Made a traffic stop on Hwy. 5 north resulting in citations for driving on a suspended license and excessive speed.
• Made a traffic stop on Hwy. 5 north. Subject arrested on outstanding warrants from another county.
• Made a traffic stop on Hwy. 5 south. Subject arrested for excessive speed, (98 miles per hour) and reckless driving.
• Investigated loud explosion in Marcella area.
• Three deputies sent to Fulton County to assist with the search for the missing child on the Spring River.
• Conducted a welfare check on an elderly man on Red River Road. Found subject deceased. Natural causes.
• Investigated vandalism on Rocky Road.
• Initiated a traffic stop on Hwy. 9 south. Subject arrested on warrants out of another county.
Reserve deputies supervised 16.4 miles of trash pick up on highways and collected 168 trash bags. The trash pick up program cleaned up 50.7 miles and 538 trash bags for the month of March.