The following information is taken from the daily activity logs of deputies with the Stone County Sheriff?s Office.
During the week of 4/5 - 4/12 deputies logged 3287 miles.
* Conducted many building checks around the county.
* Made several transports to different correctional facilities around the state.
* Responded to a possible drunk driver on Hwy. 5 north. No contact.
* Responded to a residential alarm on Optimus River Road. Everything was OK, owners notified.
* Conducted a traffic stop on Hwy. 9 south resulting is a woman being arrested on outstanding warrants from another county.
* Conducted a welfare check on Rolling River Road.
* Responded to a reckless driver report on Hwy. 66 west. Driver was having a diabetic reaction.
* Responded to a call about a violation of a protection order on Round Mountain. No contact.
* Conducted a welfare check on Hwy. 66. Subject OK.
* Responded to a complaint of a prowler on Mt. Joy Cemetery Road. No contact.
* Conducted a traffic stop on Hwy. 5 north; subject arrested for DWI.
* Responded to a possible drunk driver on Hwy. 9 south. Arrested for DWI.
* Investigated gunshots on Lindsay Hill Road. No contact.
* Responded to cows in the road at Fox.
* Responded to Webb Acres. on a disturbance. Call unfounded.
* Conducted a traffic stop on Hwy 66. Resulted in an arrest fro driving on a suspended license.
* Assisted the MVPD with possible drunk person at Wal-Mart.
* Conducted a traffic stop on Hwy.66 west, resulted in speeding citation.
* Responded to Webb Acres possible domestic dispute. No arrests made.
* Responded to a complaint of loud music on Hwy. 5 north.
* Worked a one vehicle accident on Hwy. 5 north. No personal injuries.
* Responded to a complaint of someone steeling gas at the Pleasant Grove Church. Subject arrested for theft of property and possession of a controlled substance, meth.
* Responded to a suspicious vehicle on Dodd Mountain. Contact made, everything okay.
* Responded to a stalled vehicle in the roadway on Hwy. 5 south.
* Responded to a residential alarm on Misenheimer Road.
* Investigated a theft of property on Meadowcreek. Investigation continues.
* Responded to a report of a loud explosion on Shady Oaks.
* Participated in a training exercise at Stone County Medical Center.
Information provided by -
Stone County Leader Newspaper