The following information is taken from the daily activity logs of deputies with the Stone County Sheriff’s Department.
During the week of 7/27 - 8/2 deputies logged 2,987 miles.
• Served multiple legal papers, made several inmate transports to different facilities and made multiple building checks.
• Conducted a civil standbys on Dusty Lane and Under the Ledge Road.
• Assisted the MVPD with a possible domestic disturbance on Cynthia Lane.
• Assisted the MVPD in pursuit of a subject on foot on Hwy. 87.
• Assisted the MVPD with two men fighting at Peachy Clean Laundromat.
• Checked on the welfare of a Hub Willis Road resident. Everything okay.
• Picked up an abandoned four-wheeler on Misenheimer Road. Owner located and four-wheeler returned.
• Conducted a traffic stop on Hwy. 14 east. Male subject arrested on warrants from another county.
• Cattle in the road on Hwy. 66. Owner contacted.
• Possible drug overdose at Meadowcreek. No contact with the subject.
• Suicide attempt on Herpel Road.
• A suspicious vehicle on Hwy. 9 South. No contact.
• Suicide threat on Ocean Blvd.
• Report of smoke coming from a residence on Hwy. 5 North. Everything okay.
• Complaint of vandalism to a mailbox on Herpel Road.
• Report of breaking and entering on Blue Mountain Road.
• Mailbox vandalism on Red River Road.
• A one-vehicle roll-over accident on Sally Flat Road. No personal injuries.
• Complaint of trespassing. Subject located and asked to leave the property.
• A report of a vehicle accident on Luber Road. Unfounded.
• Report of a break-in in progress on Hwy. 9 South. Unfounded.
• A possible suicide attempt on Hwy. 14.
• A two-vehicle accident on Happy Hollow Road. Both parties left the scene, and were later found and arrested.
• A complaint of gunshots on Misenheimer Road.
• A deer/car accident at Blanchard Springs. No personal injuries.
• Report of a theft on Brock Hill Road.
• A vehicle blocking the road at Pleasant Grove.
• Cattle in the front yard of an Angora Mountain residence.
• Possible drunk driver on Hwy. 5 North. Driver located. No violation.
• A residential alarm on Hwy. 5 North.
• A one-vehicle roll-over accident on Hwy 5 North. Driver arrested for DWI.
• A dispute on Hwy. 14 East. Female subject arrested for public intoxication.
• Report of theft at the recycling center. One subject arrested.
• A complaint of a person burning a brush pile on Hwy. 5 North. Person instructed to put out the fire.
• A domestic disturbance on Misenheimer Road. No arrest, but male subject told to leave the residence.
• Unlawful burning on Hillbilly Drive.
• A missing person report at Fox. Subject located.
• A juvenile runaway on Lindsey Hill Road. Juvenile located and returned home.
• A dog bite on Happy Hollow Road.
Stone County Leader
P.O. Box 509
Mountain View, AR 72560