The following information is taken from the daily activity logs of deputies with the Stone County Sheriff’s Office.
During the week of 8/3 - 8/9 deputies logged 4,567 miles.
• Made multiple building checks and transported numerous inmates to facilities around the state.
• Checked on the welfare of a Hub Willis Road resident, and a Happy Hollow Road resident.
• Served multiple legal papers around the county.
Deputies responded to:
• Livestock at large on Ross Road.
• Possible domestic disturbances at Newnata (female arrested); on Hwy. 66, Happy Hollow Road, and Tollie Kay Lane.
• A possible prowler on Hwy. 9 South (no contact), and Highway 5 North (no contact).
• A complaint of possible animal abuse on Herpel Road (everything okay) and on Hwy. 87.
• Possible drunk drivers on Hwy. 5 South, Highway 9 South, Timbo (unable to locate); and Ruddle Road (two subjects arrested).
• Report of a man walking down the middle of the road on Herpel Road. Unable to locate.
• An abandoned 4 wheeler at Round Bottom. Registered owner located.
• Report of a stolen scooter at Round Bottom.
• A complaint of vandalism off Hwy. 110.
• A complaint of trespassing on Misenheimer Road. Subject arrested for driving on a suspended license and trespassing.
• A one-vehiclce accident on Lawson Road. No personal injuries.
• Report of theft of property at Optimus.
• Complaint of gunshots on Shady Oak Drive. Unable to locate.
• A complaint of an 18 wheeler blocking the road on Gunner Pool Road.
• A medical call at Timbo.
• A vehicle blocking the roadway on Hwy. 5 North.