The following information is taken from the daily activity logs of deputies with the Stone County Sheriff’s Office.
During the week of 8/10 - 8/16 deputies logged 4,179 miles.
• Made multiple building checks around the county and transported a few inmates around the state.
• Initiated a traffic stop on Hwy. 5 south. Subject arrested for possession of a controlled substance.
• Initiated a traffic stop in the city resulting in one female arrested on outstanding warrants.
• Assisted the MVPD with a traffic stop in the city. Subject fled on foot after abandoning a pickup truck that had been stolen in Baxter County. Narcotics and cash was found in the recovered vehicle. The search continues for the fugitive.
• Served multiple legal papers around the county.
• Assisted Izard County with search for wanted subject in Stone County. No contact.
• Initiated a traffic stop on Hwy. 5 South resulting is an arrest for possession of a controlled substance, two counts.
• Initiated a traffic stop on Hwy. 9 South. Driver cited for no proof of insurance and no vehicle registration.
• Assisted MVPD with hit and run accident on Pitard Loop.
• A dispute over a vehicle at Fifty Six. Resolved.
• A possible domestic disturbance on Lute Mountain Road. No arrests.
• A complaint of four-wheelers driving recklessly. Juvenile driver was located and taken to parents.
• A report of kids throwing rocks at vehicles on Cove Road. Unable to locate.
• Cattle in the roadway on Hwy. 9 South.
• A report of theft of property on Luber Road.
• A report of breaking and entering on Angora Mountain.
• A possible suicide attempt on Hwy. 87. Subject located and transported to medical center.
• Cows in the road on Hwy. 263. Owner contacted.
• A family dispute on Hwy. 263 at Fox. No arrests.
• A domestic disturbance on Cooper Point Road. Female subject arrested.
• A reckless driver on Meadowcreek Road. Unable to locate.
• A vehicle/horse accident on Signal Hill Road.
• A theft of property report on Under the Ledge Road.
• A two-vehicle accident on Happy Hollow Road resulting in one male arrested on outstanding warrants.
• A custody dispute on Pitard Loop resulting in children being returned to mother.
• A domestic disturbance on Shady Oak Drive. No arrests.
• A report of a stolen motorcycle on Hwy. 110.
• A domestic disturbance on Oak Grove Loop. No arrests made.
• A call at Allison regarding damage to the Swinging Bridge.
• A report of a reckless driver on Red River Road. Unable to locate.
• A report of theft of property on Hwy. 110. Juvenile arrested and transported to juvenile center at Batesville.
• A residential alarm off Hwy. 110. Keyholder located. Everything okay.
• An animal abuse complaint on Hwy. 87. Owner given a warning with a promise of a follow-up visit.
• A neighbor dispute on Cedar Hill Road. Problem resolved.
Stone County Leader
P.O. Box 509
Mountain View, AR 72560