The following information is taken from the daily activity logs of deputies with the Stone County Sheriff’s Office.
During the week of 8/ 24 - 8/30 deputies logged 4,188 miles.
• Served multiple legal papers and security checked multiple businesses around the county.
• Transported several inmates to different facilities.
• Checked on the welfare of a female on Hwy. 66. Everything okay.
• Took a report of criminal mischief on Hwy. 66. Investigation ongoing.
• Investigated a breaking and entering case on Oak Grove Loop.
• Conducted a welfare check on a female subject on Flag Road. Deputies returned a few hours later and took subject into protective custody until a mental health evaluation could be made.
• Arrested a subject for public intoxication at Circle K convenience store.
Deputies also responded to:
• A complaint of animal abuse on Sunny Fox Road. Investigation ongoing.
• A call of a suicidal juvenile on Happy Hollow Road. Juvenile transported to medical center.
• Oil in the highway on Hwy. 9 South. Contacted the state highway department.
• A two-vehicle accident on Hwy. 9 South. No personal injuries.
• A verbal dispute on Hwy. 66. One subject told to leave the premises.
• A dispute on Hwy. 66. No arrests.
• A report of a woman walking down the middle of the road on Hwy. 9 south. No contact.
• A dispute on Sunrise Road. No arrests.
• A dispute on Geier Road. No arrest made.
• An abandoned vehicle on Hwy. 5 North.
• A complaint of debris in the road on Hwy. 9 South. Debris removed.
• A complaint of a dog damaging a vehicle on Sawmill Road.
• Vehicle vs. cow accident on Hwy. 66. No personal injuries.