Stone County Sheriff Lance Bonds issued the following statement about the successful rescue effort for Landen Trammell:
"As the sheriff of Stone County, I want to say thank you for a job well done in the rescue of 3-year-old Landen Trammell. Stone County pulled together with help from numerous departments and volunteers. Office of Emergency Management, Stone County Sheriff’s Department, Mountain View Police Department, all of Stone County’s volunteer fire departments, state police, Game and Fish officers, U.S. Forest Service, Arkansas Forestry, numerous volunteers and churches lay down their busy schedules and offered to help.
Organizations from neighboring counties and other sheriff’s departments poured out in the effort of rescuing this missing child. I an thankful to be a part of this caring county and so proud of the service each and every one of you contribute. May God bless you."
During the week of 9/14 - 9/20 deputies with the Stone County Sheriff’s Department logged 4,101 miles.
• Made business checks around the county and some inmate transports.
• Checked of the welfare of a female on Peace Valley Road.
• Responded to a road grader broken down on Highway 9 south.
• Responded to a complaint of livestock at large on Herpel Road.
• Responded to a complaint of gunshots on Misenheimer Road. Turned out to be fireworks.
• Responded to a complaint of loud music on Webb Acres. Subjects asked to turn down music.
• Responded to medical emergency on Herpel Road. Alarm set off by accident.
• Responded to a possible domestic disturbance on Highway 66. No arrests.
• Investigated a missing person call. Located subject at residence on Avey Lane.
• Responded to a possible domestic disturbance on Sutterfield Road. Subject had left the scene before deputies arrived.
• Responded to a complaint of a person cutting timber on private property
off Highway 110. Investigation continues.
• Responded to a complaint of a reckless driver on Highway 14 east. Unable to locate.
• Checked on the welfare of a Dickens Lane resident. Everything all right.
• Responded to a complaint of cattle in the road on Guion Road.
• Responded to a one vehicle accident on Highway 14. Two personal injuries.
• Responded to Sunnyland Road on a trespass complaint. Subject removed from property.
• Responded to a theft of property on Thomas Road.
• Served multiple legal papers around the county.
• Responded to a complaint of gunshots on Lockwood Lane. Unable to locate.
• Responded to a call of a rollover accident on Guion Road. Unfounded.
• Assisted MVPD with a two vehicle accident. One personal injury.
• Responded to a dispute on Highway 66. Resolved.
• Investigated a theft of a 4-wheeler on Bob Davis Mountain.
• Served eviction notice on Blue Sky Road.